Saturday, December 26, 2009

Skin on tips of my fingers preventing me playing the guitar?

instead of my fingertips curving towards my fingernails, it curves outwards and then inwards. So there is extra skin on my fingertips. When I am pressing down on frets, the bit of skin touches the other strings which mutes it. Is anyone else having this problem and how can I solve it? Thankyou in advance.|||Well, I%26#039;m not quite sure what you mean about %26quot;outwards and inwards%26quot; and all that jazz, but it sounds to me like you probably just don%26#039;t have very good guitar fingers. Sorry to say it :(





You may consider buying a classical guitar, which has the strings spaced out slightly farther, but uses nylon strings so it does sound different (and technically is supposed to be played finger-style only).





Or bass may be more your thing.





Edit: I don%26#039;t think adding a layer of fabric to his fingers is going to help his situation, people. Feel free to try, but it doesn%26#039;t sound like this is a viable solution.|||You get a playing glove. You can buy it at walmart.|||You may then have to use a pic.


~Nayr|||cut your fingers off or wear gloves

No comments:

Post a Comment