Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long does it take for symptoms of staph infection show up in a skin wound??

I cut my hand pretty bad today at 7PM, went to the ER, I was treated at about 9 PM (They cleaned it with sodium chloride and applied stitches, then neosporin, and a band aid).





If my wound were to be infected, how long would it be before symptoms show up? A day? A week?|||A couple days. Staph infection will move quickly and you will notice redness and warmth around the cut and this can be very painful. Watch it closely and keep it clean. If it develops redness and puss with heat and increased soreness, go back to your doctor to have it treated. Good luck!|||When skin is punctured or broken, staph bacteria can enter the wound and cause infections, which can lead to other health problems.





I think, it takes a week to show up symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment