Monday, April 26, 2010

When baking chicken drumstick do I leave the skin on or off?

Any quick recipes ideas?|||I like the skin, so I leave it on. If you%26#039;re baking, the skin will serve as a buffer to the oven heat, making the inner chicken less dry. You can always pull skin after baking.|||When baking, especially at high temperatures, it鈥檚 always better to leave the skin on while cooking and either remove it afterwards yourself or let your family/guests do it themselves at the table. The reason is that high oven temperatures can cause chicken to dry out, even the dark meat. The skin will help protect the chicken from the high temperatures that can quickly turn it into something resembling a dried-out piece of shoe leather. Whatever fat is under the skin will melt during cooking, basting the meat as it cooks. The membrane of the skin will also provide a good shield to protect the meat from direct exposure to the heat of the oven. In cooking dark meat, you have more leeway than with white, but I wouldn鈥檛 take the chance of drying it out, especially if you are cooking for a hungry family.|||You can cook it either way. It just depends on if you like the skin or not.


I put salt, pepper, garlic powder on them and bake in the oven. When they are about done I put barbecue sauce on them and let them cook for a few minutes more.|||Leave the chicken skin on while cooking to preserve the juiciness of the chicken. Remove the skin prior to eating.|||I leave the skin on when I cook chicken..Then when it%26#039;s done I take the skin off. It just depends on if you like the skin or not.|||Either way the healthier way is with the skin off|||Skin is the best part. If I could, I would order a bucket of skin at KFC.





How about chicken lemon rice?|||well with out the skin it get dryer with its kinda greesyer sp*|||leave it on how about barbque baked chicken or shake and bake?|||on dip in some cilly souce|||either but i would take it off|||eather way i take it off

No comments:

Post a Comment