Friday, January 8, 2010

How do I know if Im getting skin Cancer?

Plain and simple I love the beach and being in the sun, and during the winter tanning鈥ow everyone says I am going to get skin cancer, but can anyone give me a good site with the different types and info, maybe videos too?|||You probably will get skin cancer based on the way you just described yourself. But then again, who wont get cancer in like 20 years from now. I know that AnswersTV discusses Cancer and the different types, so I guess that could be a start.|||There are 3 types of skin cancer. Actually all cancers are the same but they grow at a different rate .





1. Basel Cell Skin cancer is the most common and grows the slowest.


2. Squamus skin cancer grows faster than the Basil cell and it can invade especially around the neck and shoulders. My hsuband had a tennis-ball sized malignant tumor removed from his nrck wjich was caused by Squamus. The Dr. removed his perotid saliva gland, his neck muscle, and lymph glands. The 33 radiation treatments destroyed his thyroid and took away his sense of taste, also giving him dry mouth. You cant fool around with skin cancer!


3. Melanoma is the fastest growing and is very often fatal.





When you come right down to it, the time to sun bathe and go to tanning spots is long past.|||http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/skin-ca鈥?/a>





I have always tried to avoid the sun, I don%26#039;t tan and I had a basal cell carcinoma skin cancer removed when I was 29. It was against the corner of my eye. I spent almost a year going to a plastic surgeon for treatments to try to minimize the scarring. They had to take skin from behind my ear and graft it to my face.





TRUST me, tanning is not worth it. Plus your skin will look like leather and you%26#039;ll wrinkle much earlier than if you stayed out of the sun.





You can spend time laying out on the beach--just wear sunscreen!!!|||Hi,





check this two videos, i think they are pretty informative:





http://www.cancervids.com/play.php?vid=181


http://www.cancervids.com/play.php?vid=201

No comments:

Post a Comment